.............not all those that wander are lost..............

Friday 28 January 2011

Which sleeping bag.......part 2

First of all, a big THANK YOU to all of you who've taken the time to try and help me with the sleeping bag decision. I've had loads of good advice and recommendations. What a great community this is!

However, here's an update.

The 'feather' thing keeps raising its head with me. My ethical conscience has gone into overdrive. So for that reason I've been investigating the 'down' business a bit more deeply. There's some interesting stuff on the net about it, though it doesn't always make easy reading.

During my search for information I came across 'Tundra, ethical down sleeping bags'. Now the Pure -5 gets a good crit from Trail and this bag weighs in at a respectable 850g. No, it's not as light as some of the others. But it does have a full length zip and water-resistant head and foot.

Seems like this could be the answer for me.
{Tundra Pure -5}


I haven't bought one yet but I'd be interested if anyone has experience of one?



1 comment:

Louise said...

What a clever idea, ethically collected feathers. We like! Well done, that solves a few problems for you in one bag.