.............not all those that wander are lost..............

Saturday 17 July 2010

My first time...........

......looking for a geocache!

I discovered there was one in the wood behind us here so I joined and found out the co-ordinates.

Setting off between the heavy showers this morning I spent about half an hour trampling about in the undergrowth - falling in bramble bushes and fighting my way through bracken taller than me. I have several large scratches (first lesson learned, never do this in shorts!) despite wearing some old jeans. I've also got a few itchy bites from the insects in the wood BUT I found the illusive plastic box. I opened it and was genuinely surprised to find a motley collection of broken key rings, badges and toy cars as well as a small damp notebook to sign (which I did). I left my little Ikea pencil in the box.

As an interesting aside I also wore my new Keen boots. This was their first outing in wet grass and muddy puddles and although my legs were wet my feet were not. I'm liking these boots more and more...........

Rosie (who came with me) thought I had gone completely mad and kept nudging me with her nose and barging me to get a move on. Easy for her, she could run under the bracken. I decided not to try that.

There are another couple of caches hidden in this area so I might take a look for those in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Ah, yes, geocaching. We've joined and found one cache, with the intention of it being a 'family' adventure. I suppose really, the idea was to encourage the little treasures out for a walk without them noticing! Haven't got round to trying it again, but we will. (Oh, and they didn't notice.)