.............not all those that wander are lost..............

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

At last ..out and about!

The sun was shining, so after a lovely salad on the patio (although a warm wind was strong enough to blow the lettuce off the plate), we decided to drive down to the little lake which is about a mile away. I say 'down' as it used to be possible to see it from the house, before the hedgerow trees grew thicker.

First, I had to find something to wear. This is not an unusual problem for me but this time I had the sore arm to negotiate. Two (well, one and a half) of us managed eventually to put me into an old t-shirt that I'd been hiding at the back of the wardrobe as the armholes were so loose. A further struggle with my shorts followed.

Finally ready, we set off.

{Just waiting....}

The lake or 'plan d'eau' is spruced up waiting for the busy summer season. Both the cafes were open and there were already a few customers sitting under the umbrellas and some children playing in the water.

There's a popular campsite right next door with a newly stocked shop and a few tents were pitched.



{A little wooden bridge takes you across to an island}


At one end of the lake is a dedicated area for fishing and at the other a beachy bit where you can sunbathe or swim. The water is good enough to be safe for swimming.  A couple of wooden huts house kayaks, inflatable canoes and pedalos which can be hired. There's a children's play area with bouncy castle and trampolines. This year there are some huge plastic bubble things to have a go with on the water and some standing-up paddle boards.

{Plastic bubbles and boats}

After a wander round the lake (yes, I can still walk, hurray!) we sat and had coffee looking up the hill-side. John said (as he often does) "I can see my house from here".  This is a punch line from a joke. He doesn't ever do jokes just punch lines......

{Looking up at the house}

A visit to the supermarket followed. I won't go into detail........

I battled a bit to take these photos with my phone. Never noticed before how annoying right-handed things are when you need to use your left hand!


**PS Doh! If I turn the phone over - it works to take a photo left-handed!



4 comments:

Louise said...

Brilliant! Bet it felt good to be 'out and about' x

Howellsey said...

What a beautiful spot. I am very envious sitting here in Manchester and watching the thunder clouds rolling in.....

Laura said...

Don't be too jealous - we had a huge mountain storm yesterday evening and heavy grey cloud today..............

Alan R said...

Ok, ok stop now. You've sold it to me. When do you want me to arrive.

It looks wonderful. Enjoy it Laura and glad that you are starting to get out.