.............not all those that wander are lost..............

Wednesday 4 July 2012

At last ..out and about!

The sun was shining, so after a lovely salad on the patio (although a warm wind was strong enough to blow the lettuce off the plate), we decided to drive down to the little lake which is about a mile away. I say 'down' as it used to be possible to see it from the house, before the hedgerow trees grew thicker.

First, I had to find something to wear. This is not an unusual problem for me but this time I had the sore arm to negotiate. Two (well, one and a half) of us managed eventually to put me into an old t-shirt that I'd been hiding at the back of the wardrobe as the armholes were so loose. A further struggle with my shorts followed.

Finally ready, we set off.

{Just waiting....}

The lake or 'plan d'eau' is spruced up waiting for the busy summer season. Both the cafes were open and there were already a few customers sitting under the umbrellas and some children playing in the water.

There's a popular campsite right next door with a newly stocked shop and a few tents were pitched.



{A little wooden bridge takes you across to an island}


At one end of the lake is a dedicated area for fishing and at the other a beachy bit where you can sunbathe or swim. The water is good enough to be safe for swimming.  A couple of wooden huts house kayaks, inflatable canoes and pedalos which can be hired. There's a children's play area with bouncy castle and trampolines. This year there are some huge plastic bubble things to have a go with on the water and some standing-up paddle boards.

{Plastic bubbles and boats}

After a wander round the lake (yes, I can still walk, hurray!) we sat and had coffee looking up the hill-side. John said (as he often does) "I can see my house from here".  This is a punch line from a joke. He doesn't ever do jokes just punch lines......

{Looking up at the house}

A visit to the supermarket followed. I won't go into detail........

I battled a bit to take these photos with my phone. Never noticed before how annoying right-handed things are when you need to use your left hand!


**PS Doh! If I turn the phone over - it works to take a photo left-handed!



4 comments:

Louise said...

Brilliant! Bet it felt good to be 'out and about' x

Howellsey said...

What a beautiful spot. I am very envious sitting here in Manchester and watching the thunder clouds rolling in.....

Laura said...

Don't be too jealous - we had a huge mountain storm yesterday evening and heavy grey cloud today..............

AlanR said...

Ok, ok stop now. You've sold it to me. When do you want me to arrive.

It looks wonderful. Enjoy it Laura and glad that you are starting to get out.